What is the Dodeca Spreadsheet Management System?
Utilize the power of the Dodeca Spreadsheet Management System to run mission critical spreadsheet applications and assist in your company’s digital transformation, including Essbase Financial Reporting. Automate, manage, and control spreadsheets and their interactions with corporate data sources, including Oracle Essbase and SQL. Plan, report, and analyze in the way that makes sense for your business and users’ needs. Reduce the time, effort, and training required to access information.
Why do so many Fortune 100 companies choose Dodeca for their Essbase financial reporting, and what kind of ROI are they gaining?
There is a reason why the Dodeca Spreadsheet Management System is trusted by many large enterprises for their Oracle Essbase user interface. Wells Fargo, Kroger, and Mastercard trust Dodeca for their financial reporting, planning, budgeting, forecasting, and variance analysis as well as for product, labor, strategic, and workforce planning.
Benefits of Dodeca for Oracle Essbase Reporting
- Ease of Use – Familiar Look and Feel of Excel
- Cost Savings
- Spreadsheet Risk Mitigation
- Simplifies Financial Reporting Processes
Features of Using Dodeca for Oracle Essbase Reporting
- Integrates data from multiple sources, including Essbase and SQL databases
- Commentary to facilitate variance analysis during planning and budgeting processes
- Audit logging for accountability in financial reports
- Batch reporting capabilities
- Best features of Hyperion Financial Reporting, Hyperion Planning, Oracle Smart View, plus added extensibility
- Dodeca has the look and feel of Excel, leveraging existing knowledge to reduce or eliminate training.
- It is read/write capable with Oracle Essbase and relational data sources, such as SQL, DB2, and Oracle.
- Any edits made in Dodeca are automatically written to Oracle Essbase upon saving, based on Essbase security permissions.
- Dodeca’s many features let users easily access and understand their data.
Companies can import transactional data held in SQL databases together with Oracle Essbase data. This feature can be especially helpful when performing data validations. You can have different sourced data all on one sheet so you can easily see where there might be an issue capturing correct information. General ledger, financial, and operational data detail in other platforms and applications can be brought together with Essbase data. This includes product inventory data, product images, transactional data from point-of-sale, invoicing, invoice messages and images, and purchase-order system data. Dodeca can also pull information directly from SQL when that is used as a data source without an EPM platform or other business application.
The commentary feature is especially useful in budgeting and forecasting reports. If there is a variance between the actual expense and the budget, an explanation or annotation can be inserted. Commentary is permanently paired to the numbers/data in Dodeca and Essbase.
Audit logging shows who changed what number and when it was changed. This features results in a system of authoritative collaboration, thus reducing spreadsheet risk.
The batch/burst reporting capability saves time by allowing the user to schedule report creation and distribution automatically.
Dodeca provides intelligent navigation so users can quickly and easily drill down to the data they want, such as general ledger and other transactional systems, regardless of where the data is located.
In addition to saving time on use and training, Dodeca utilizes the environment already existing for your EPM platform. Companies using on-premises software typically do not need additional hardware.
Dodeca Offers the Best of Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Reporting, & Smart View
Dodeca eliminates the need to switch back and forth between applications by combining the best reporting & analysis features of Smart View, Hyperion Financial Reporting, and Hyperion Planning into a single platform. Dodeca provides an interface similar to Excel with regard to formulas and formatting of Smart View along with the automated report production, managed report templates, and point-of-view selectors of HFR. Dodeca was purpose built for Oracle Essbase and supports budgeting, analysis, reporting, and planning applications.
Here are three examples of how Dodeca can improve your ROI, while also reducing spreadsheet risk:
- LexisNexis reduced 50% of their management reporting hours (approximately 13,000 work hours saved annually).
- Kroger reduced their retail operations costs by $200m over 3 years.
- HBO reduced their reporting on monthly licensing fees from days to hours.
Find Out How Dodeca Can Optimize Your Oracle Essbase Experience by Requesting a Demo or Registering for the Dodeca Challenge
Dodeca makes it easier to access and understand your data, optimize productivity, and minimize spreadsheet risk. Schedule a live demo to discuss what applications you need, any concerns or questions you have, and to see your Oracle Essbase reports being created step by step.
We are so confident that your company will see the value of Dodeca that we created The Dodeca Challenge, providing qualified companies full use Dodeca licenses for an extended trial period, free of charge. Take the challenge and join the growing number of satisfied Dodeca customers.